Project Manager - Commercial Development
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the direct management of multiple commercial development/construction projects (retail, office, medical) ranging from small interior improvements to larger ground up development projects. Candidates must be experienced in budgeting/estimating, scheduling, and coordinating design/construction teams to ensure successful completion of projects within budget and on schedule. This position interacts with all departments across the organization and, therefore, requires exceptional communication and team work skills.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’ s degree in Construction Management/Engineering/Architecture from an accredited university. Tenant Coordination and Retail experience are required and Construction Project Management experience including estimating/budgeting and scheduling is a must. We offer a competitive salary and provide our employees with a variety of benefits.
Key Position Accountability:
- Manage projects as required by permits, governmental codes, and established construction standards.
- Ensure the design and development of plans meet company and Tenant requirements.
- Bid out architect, engineering, and construction projects to qualified companies, and thoroughly evaluate all bid proposals.
- Prepare contracts per company standards, including insurance requirements, and schedules, which meet company obligations.
- Direct architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors activities to meet project schedules.
- Control project costs within the approved budget.
- Work with the Leasing Department and Tenant Coordinators on lease exhibits and Tenant lease requirements.
- Work with architects and City officials on the transition of projects from permitting to construction.
- Close out projects with contractors, and provide Property Management with all warranties and operations manuals.?
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management with five years of experience, or equivalent work experience is required. Extensive experience and responsibility for the development and construction of Retail Projects.
- Detail oriented with the ability to read, interpret, and modify plans.
- Prior experience in managing construction and development professionals.
- A team-oriented professional with creativity, initiative, and the breadth of construction experience.
- Decisive, smart, and able to think three-dimensionally.
- Communicating effectively internally and externally is a key priority.
- Be hands-on and yet be able to see the forest through the trees.
- A polished, articulate, and savvy professional who will represent the Company in the marketplace in a first class fashion.
- An individual who has a sense of urgency and constantly asks, “ How can we improve, do things better?”
- Flexible, with the ability to work as a team player and relate well to colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- A roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude, superb people skills and strong work ethic.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks, be a self-starter and maintain composure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Results-oriented attention to setting goals and getting things done – not merely delegating to others.
- An individual with experience in all aspects of the development process including planning, permitting, design, construction and finance.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Codes and permitting procedures.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
Position salary is all depending on history, ideally between $55k-$85k annually with a potential annual bonus as well, along with compensation for transportation as well.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a growing, stable company. Apply to Rebecca today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnering with a professional recruiter increases your chances at being exposed to the most competitive positions out there today and helps build your career in the right direction. The recruiters can give you advise on your interviewing, resume tips and help provide feedback on companies that you're applying to on your own. And there's no cost to you! Our services are paid for by the employers who contract us to recruit for their positions. We have over 200 companies in the Central Valley that we work with, from small 2-3 people operations to large scale fortune 100 companies.
Keep up to date by “liking” us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/hireupss and we'd welcome your review of our service as well!