ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST, DIRECT HIRE, SELMA, CA
155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, California 93710
RARE SELMA, CA OPPORTUNITY! DIRECT HIRE!
Hire Up Staffing Services is reviewing Candidates for an immediate need accounting role. This Accounts Payable Specialist position is a Direct hire opportunity with a salary range of $34-45K. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for ensuring accuracy in the accounts payable business process by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling vendor invoices .
Principle Responsibilities Include:
- Receive, open, sort, date stamp and route incoming accounts payable mail, such as vendor invoices.
- Process vendor invoices (which may or may not be supported by Purchase Orders) via matching to receipts and/or POs for 3-way and 2-way controls.
- Validate appropriate approval routings and prompt discount capture to review taxability and price tolerance checks; process credit memos and resolve open issues.
- Confirm expenses are approved and coded in-line with the policies.
- Process and accrue proper sales tax by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Ensure all invoices paid within terms while pursuing discount opportunities.
- Process bi-weekly cash disbursements and reconciliations.
- Help resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Actively research and request missing documents ensuring prompt credits taken timely for returned material.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Promptly and professionally handle requests from vendors and internal personnel, on all matters such as requests for invoice status, additional documentation, and account reconciliations.
- Maintain vendor relationships and resolve vendor disputes amicably.
- Manage accounts payable documents, including filing/archiving.
- Assist with annual internal and external audits, facilitating the pulling of documentation as necessary.
- Identify process improvements, develop plans for execution.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities when available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of accounting or finance related experience.
- Good analytical problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and organizational skills.
- Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills, and demonstrate a positive and professional demeanor.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate an interest and capacity for assuming increasing organizational responsibility.
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
If you feel you meet the qualifications of this role, please send your resume immediately to Rhonda Gipson at email@example.com. You can also call the Fresno Branch at 559-579-1331 for more information.