Modesto, CA 95354
Responsibilities and Duties:
Position will have focused responsibility to increase cash flow through effective customer accounts receivable collection of outstanding balances owed to the Company. The position will also have responsibility for maintaining an accurate customer receivable register though proper setup, maintenance, and correct cash application.
- Responsible for setting up new customer in the ERP system according to company’ s procedure and establish credit terms New customer account set up in Company ERP system and establish credit terms based on credit review and approval procedures.
- Perform credit checks send out credit & bank references, fax/email and follow up.
- If customer is a resale customer, make sure we have a resale certificate on file. Save to PDF in the shared folder by state. Attached to customers card within ERP system.
- Process prepaid credit card sales and wire transfer sale transactions.
- Post customer payments recording cash, check, wire transfer and credit card transactions to customer accounts and make bank deposits daily utilizing remote bank deposit.
- Preparation of daily cash report for management.
- Validate account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, order processing departments and from customers.
- Maintains customer files and ensure necessary documentation is received, noted, and updated in ERP System.
- Maintain electronic and paper customer documents, accounts receivable records and payment records.
- Reconcile all wire payments, credit card payments, EFT’ s, ACH and checks on a daily and monthly basis.
- Conduct systematic review of all accounts receivable aging and contact customers regarding the collection of outstanding accounts due.
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Post spreadsheet to the shared docs on collections progress and customer notes daily.
- Send weekly/monthly updated customer statements and current and/or past due invoices as necessary.
- Follow-up with customers to resolve any invoice problems or discrepancies and if necessary, make additional contact for resolution and collection of outstanding balances.
- Resolve collection issues by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, use of outside collection agencies.
- Partner with the order processing, billing desk and sales teams and any other Company personnel on past due accounts and collection efforts.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively, and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Other general office duties and accounting functions as assigned by Division Controller
Education: High School equivalent, some college or relevant outside course work preferred
Experience: 3 to 5 years specifically accounts receivable and collection experience with strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills. Must be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced environment at a high level of accuracy.
If you feel this position matches your skill sets please send Chris Hafizi your updated resume to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiting Manager for Hire Up Staffing Services my purpose is to start, open, build, and maintain paths for all professionals in all walks of life and in various industries. Hire Up Staffing specializes in finding temp-hire, direct hire placements, and temporary positions: including assistance with payroll, background checks, and job search resources. If you are currently seeking to fill your role or looking for your next opportunity, please feel free to reach out to me!