Accountant - Contract Position
2527 Fresno Street Fresno, CA 93721
Hire Up Staffing Services is currently working with a large scale construction company who is seeking an Accountant to fill in on a contract basis while they are seeking a new Controller. This position could work out to be a permanent job since the new Controller will need an Accountant to support them with financials.
Duties include general oversight of all accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, general ledger maintenance and financial management. There is an Accounts Payable Coordinator and Accounts Receivable Coordinator that takes the lead on the day to day, the Accountant will manage and ensure that their work is correct.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- 3 to 5 years of increasing responsibilities in accounting/finance, with financial reporting experience;
- Prior Accountant level job titles
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts;
- Experience working with Famous preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software programs;
- Microsoft Excel proficiency required;
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, professional and proactive manner;
- Be creative, flexible, and able to drive/guide change;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-entity, and multi-cultural environment;
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently with general supervision, be a team player, and willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require;
- Strong leadership, management, and people skills.
Position will pay between $25 - $30 an hour, with possible overtime. Job is Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm with a one hour lunch.
This is a professional work environment and looking for someone who can hit the ground running. If this is you, please apply today!
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.