Accounts Payable Bookkeeper
1736 S Central Visalia, CA 93277
Hire Up Staffing is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Bookkeeper in the Visalia area! This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with pay between $15-17/HR depending on experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain financial records and accounts using manual and/or automated systems.
2. Post expenditures, receipts and other data to appropriate ledgers.
3. Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
4. Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
5. Code accounts payable invoices to proper cost center and account and enter data into the system.
6. Examine payable invoices and supporting documentation, and determine validity of the request, allocation of costs and proper authorization.
7. Prepare reports required by government agencies or mandated by grant terms.
8. Make follow-up contacts regarding vendors and payables to ensure timely paying of accounts payable.
9. Prepare and make bank deposits and/or reconciliations.
10. Maintain accounts payable files.
11. Will think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
12. Comply with all Turning Point Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to: workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, Infection Control and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
13. Will drive on Agency business.
14. Other duties as assigned by Finance Director and Assistant Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Two (2) years’ bookkeeping experience or equivalent education.
2. Type 30 wpm.
3. 10-key by touch.
4. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
5. Possess a valid driver’ s license and have access to a dependable means of transportation
that is properly insured and operated in accordance with all laws. Agency insurer
authorization is required.
6. Ability to pass a criminal background check.
7. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen, general physical, and TB test.
8. Must maintain good relationships with consumers, co-workers, government and civic
representatives, as well as community members within whom the Agency is transacting
business, and relate to them in a professional manner.
If this sounds like you, please apply at Hireupss.com