Accounts Payable Clerk
Merced, CA 95348
Accounts Payable Clerk
Long Term Temporary
Hire Up Staffing Services, Merced, is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk with the following qualifications for a long term temporary position in the Merced area.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing all aspects of the accounts payable functions. This includes accurately and timely processing of all accounts payable invoices and weekly accounts payable payment processing, monitoring of payment term to ensure vendors are paid within established time limits, filing and maintaining of 1099 records, efficiently and timely posting of expenditures into accounting system, reconciling accounts payable related accounts, and providing effective communication regarding accounts payable issues with vendors and departments.
Expectations / Requirements
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Process refunds
- Open and prioritize all accounts payable invoices.
- Input all invoices including credit memos into accounting system for payment and posting to general ledger.
- Prepare weekly check processing to include printing and obtaining signatures of all accounts payable checks.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolves invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain accounts payable files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Handle year end 1099 reporting and electronic filing.
- Maintain vendor W-9 information, including contacting vendor as needed.
- Reconcile credit cards statement and follow up with users to ensure accurately and timely submission of credit cards receipts/documentations.
- Assist with month end closing such as preparing accounts payable accrual and prepaid journal entries, etc.
- Assist with account reconciliations such as Accounts Payable and Accrued Accounts Payable account reconciliations, Quest lab reconciliation, etc.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please visit our web page at www.hireupss.com to submit your resume for consideration.
Background Check and Drug Screen are required.
Sheri has worked in the Information Technology industry for over 20 years. With a focus on Technical Recruitment and Education. Sheri has participated in recruiting for several organizations and projects worldwide, Including large scale projects overseas. She possesses a unique ability to see beyond just qualifications and seems to be able to identify the XFactor when connecting teams. She always going the extra mile to insure that the company culture and team dynamic is taken into consideration when selecting the right candidates.