155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, California 93710
Hire Up Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Accounting Clerk for a well established business in Fresno!
This is a temp to hire opportunity paying $14.50 to $15.00 per hour based on experience.
Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Company offers: paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental benefits, retirement and other savings plans.
Accounting Clerk will work in the main office under the general direction of the Vice President of Operations and direction of the Controller, this position performs a variety of duties to ensure efficient and timely accounts payable & banking operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and departmental policies and procedures.
Some duties and responsibilities include:
- Account set up to ensure accurate information is inupt and maintain files of vendor accounts
- Enter invoices into the in house designed accounting system
- Receive, verify and code invoices for invoice data entry and obtain approvals as needed
- Prepare checks for vendor payments
- Maintain the accounts payable subledger
- Prepare vendor insurance applications
- Reconcile bank statements on a monthly bases
- Prepare quarterly and yearly payroll tax
- Process monthly and quarterly sales tax
- Prepare 1099s and ensure all appropriate vendors have completed W-9s in advance
Qualified candidates must have:
- basic accounting knowledge
- strong organization skills
- basic understanding of account reconciliation
- Intermediate computer skills, including basic Excel
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and qualified.
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.