Fresno, California 93710
Hire Up Staffing is currently recruiting for an Authorization Coordinator for one of our well respected Fresno clients!
Authorization Coordinators are responsible for verifying and maintaining updated insurance coverage in all patient accounts. Obtains and monitors referrals for patients when needed, including specialized referrals such as out of network or out of area referrals. Communicates with patients and other departments regarding patient coverage and liability
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Obtain, review and request authorization and referrals as requested by the provider.
- Monitor and track patient authorizations.
- Document all communication in reference to the authorization from patients, insurances, and providers accordingly in a communication log in the patients’ electronic health record.
- Adhere to established criteria and timeframes for processing urgent/routine authorization requests.
- Researching and communicating with requesting provider for any identified amendments, such as codes and/or modified authorization requests.
- Verify and update necessary information in the patients’ medical record.
- Support excellent customer service philosophy.
- Providing effective departmental communication with both internal and external customers.
- Serves as communication liaison between internal departments, and patients.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Good communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Must have a high regard for confidential information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Stays in compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Encourage a cooperative, team approach to interdepartmental workflow
- Assist other departments as appropriate.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a medical office setting, or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
This position is Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm and is paying $15-$18 depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com or call the Fresno branch at 559-579-1331