155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, California 93710
Hire Up Staffing is currently recruiting for an Authorization Coordinator for a growing medical group located here in Fresno!
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Obtain, review and request authorization and referrals as requested by the provider.
- Monitor and track patient authorizations.
- Document all communication in reference to the authorization from patients, insurances, and providers accordingly in a communication log in the patients’ electronic health record.
- Adhere to established criteria and timeframes for processing urgent/routine authorization requests.
- Researching and communicating with requesting provider for any identified amendments, such as codes and/or modified authorization requests.
- Verify and update necessary information in the patients’ medical record.
- Support excellent customer service philosophy.
- Providing effective departmental communication with both internal and external customers.
- Serves as communication liaison between internal departments, and patients.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Good communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Must have a high regard for confidential information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Stays in compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Encourage a cooperative, team approach to interdepartmental workflow
- Assist other departments as appropriate.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a medical office setting, or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
This position is Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm and is paying $15-$18 depending on experience.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Fresno branch at 559-579-1331
As a recruiting manager, Kellie’s top priority is to meet the needs of her clients and candidates in a timely manner. Her extensive background in sales, marketing, and customer service has prepared Kellie to provide excellence throughout all aspects of the career search process. She works diligently to create a seamless experience from start to finish, and her number one goal is to place qualified candidates in a thriving, professional environment. Kellie is passionate about people and success, and does not stop until she achieves the best results possible. In her free time, she enjoys painting and spending time with her husband and son. Kellie is grateful to work in a position that allows her to improve the professional lives of others.