Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator
155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, California 93710
Hire Up Staffing Services has partnered with an expanding Fresno manufacturer in their search for an experienced Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator.
This Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for purchasing materials, components and/or services consistent with the specified levels of quality, delivery, price and total cost. Candidate will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
This is a full time, temp to hire position that may even turn in to a direct hire situation for the right Candidate!
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new as well as existing supplier sources.
- Performs required purchasing tasks to procure assigned components, materials, supplies, equipment and services required for operation of business.
- Contacts suppliers, obtains and evaluates quotations, places orders, and ensures timely delivery. Exercises judgment and knowledge of assigned commodities to make purchases consistent with specified levels of inventory, quality, delivery requirements and price.
- Works with cross functional teams on a variety of projects and other complex issues related to the development of new products, new suppliers, or technologies to enhance new or existing products.
- Performs follow-up operations with suppliers to accomplish delivery of purchased items per the schedule provided on the Purchase Order. Expedites delivery of critical materials as required.
- Develops commodity strategies and plans for assigned items. Determine when additional sources of supply are needed. Identifies and develops plans to qualify additional sources of supply as required.
- Serves as liaison between appropriate company personnel and supplier representatives to ensure suppliers are equipped with the needed tools, materials, and specifications to obtain valid quotations or solutions to problems.
- Preferred - Bachelor’ s Degree in Business or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Four (2) years’ experience in purchasing components or commodities in support of a repetitive manufacturing operation, and knowledge and experience of Purchasing Law, long term agreements and contracts desired.
- Familiarity of the following manufacturing and planning techniques and principals: Kan Ban, JIT, MRP, MPS, DRP preferred.
- Language Skills: Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills required; ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common and/or detailed inquires from Managers or Suppliers. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
If you feel you meet these qualifications please submit your resume to Rhonda Gipson at email@example.com. You can also call the Fresno Branch office at 559-579-1331 for more details.