1301 Arrow Point Drive Austin, TX 78613
Growing Local Manufacturer has an opening for a CNC Machinist role in Austin area, TX! Full-time role with great benefits! This is an opportunity to get your foot into the door of a growing company, looking to establish a team that can reach new heights.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished work piece dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled machines or machine functions on fiberglass, aluminum, plastic, and steel. This includes programming the machine control instructions manually into control unit to start operation. Creates setup sheet to follow part guidelines to be saved as a PDF file for future programming. Calculate machine speed and feed rations and size and position of cuts. Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Modify machine operation and control panel displays and compare readings to specification to detect malfunctions. Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty. Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problem. Confer with Senior CNC Machinist to resolve broken or worn machine malfunctions or production errors or to obtain approval to continue production.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Setup, adjust, operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialize or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Plan appropriate machining sequences to produce assigned pieces from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Test and debug programs developed to ensure production of parts as specified.
- Set up and operates all machining equipment to produce parts required to specified tolerances at an acceptable cost.
- 2+ Years’ CNC Machining experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $25.00 per hour depending on experience and salary history
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- CNC Machinist: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Please send resume to email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, my name is Shelby Swift. I was born and raised in Colorado but moved to Texas in 2012. I have been in the staffing industry for 3 years. I have been an office admin and branch manager of a fast-growing temporary agency and I am now a Recruiting Manager at Hire Up Staffing Services connecting great employers with great employees. Before entering the staffing industry, I was a Solution Sales Specialist for the West Texas and New Mexico area for various oil and gas companies. In my free time, I spend most of my free time playing RPG's and first shooter games on Xbox. I also enjoy reading fantasy books and watching sci-fi movies, my favorite movie is Star Wars .