Chief Technology Officer
155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing has been engaged to conduct a search for a Chief Technology Officer for an amazing, impactful organization!
The CTO will provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business and will oversee the strategy and performance of the company' s overall technology platforms and systems to support brand growth. This role reports to the COO and will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team to successfully deliver technology in alignment with the company' s strategic goals and objectives.
What you will be doing:
- Develop technical aspects of the company’ s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Research/discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Work with business teams on development and implementation of customer-facing products and solutions
- Assist in identifying and implementing cross-departmental technological optimization opportunities
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Coordinate with CIO to build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Communicate technology strategy to management
- Lead and grow the technical team within the organization, building a highly professional and motivated group.
- Must have the flexibility to address dynamic market and customer needs with rapid turnaround time.
- Manage and mentor the software products team.
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle including and improving CI and CD capabilities.
- Management of department resources, staffing, and build a best-of-class engineer team
- Establish a philosophy of modular, well specified and documented software architecture to ensure efficiency and maintainability.
- Manage in house engineering resources as well as potential offshore/nearshore development resources.
- Manage customer support issues in order to deliver a timely resolution to their software issues.
What you will need:
- 3+ years proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- 10+ years relevant work experience within the tech sector; 6+ years of which at the Senior Project Manager or Engineering Director level, preferably at a digital media company
- Deep experience with retail and eComm platforms – POS, payment systems, content management, content data (tagging, curation, discovery, personalization), product information management, inventory management, financial system integration, digital marketing, front-end and content delivery networks, and mobile development
- Experience architecting scalable, performant, secure, and distributed web and mobile web-based systems, micro-services, and data tools to handle large scale, and highly available applications.
- Previous exposure to customer and client-side product development from a development standpoint. Has successfully developed products in a managerial capacity, brought them to market and managed on-going maintenance and upgrade releases
- Knowledge of technological trends to build and implement strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Familiarity with the performance marketing and online advertising space preferred
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Proven ability to recruit and retain world-class software developers and managers using strong team building skills.
- Promotion of our Sprint & Agile culture and processes
- Strong understanding of engineering software processes, life-cycle methodology, configuration management, release management, and system verification and test
- Technical experience in the following areas preferred:
- Using or developing Enterprise Reporting, Business Intelligence Tools like Tableau, Analytics, Machine Learning/AI
- Understanding data mining, data cleansing, data quality, or data integration
- DevOps, CI/CD
How To Apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gina Ireland is a Senior Recruiter at Hire Up Staffing and will review your resume. If you have any questions regarding the position, please call Gina at 559.579.1331
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.