Carrollton, TX 75007
The Collateral Specialist position ensures all inbound collateral packages are prioritized, processed and shipped to meet warehouse banks/investor allotted time frame. Communicates with branch and corporate employees in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes 1st lien, 2nd lien and specialty files to include: CEMA, Co-Op, Correspondent, and specialty bond loans
- Performs data entry for processing each collateral file within the system of record
- Processes collateral packages including but not limited to separating the Note, Security Instrument, and documents required by the warehouse bank/investors from the remainder of the closing package
- Assists with the packaging and shipment of the collateral package at end of business daily
- Reviews collateral documents for accuracy and request corrections to documents as needed
- Contacts title companies to obtain any outstanding documentation required by the warehouse bank
- Completes data entry in Encompass
- Processes timely of collateral exceptions from the warehouse bank
- Prepares collateral documents for shipments to warehouse banks
Non-essential job functions:
- Participates in and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value " can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage loan documents and related required documentation
- Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service best practices
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- Three years of office experience or one years of mortgage related experience
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with title companies, attorneys, branches, and correspondents
- Demonstrated experience in analytical, critical thinking, and research techniques
- Demonstrated experience producing accurate and detailed work on multiple projects under time pressure
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, time management, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- This position is primarily an in office position
- Requires the ability to lift and move files up to 25lbs
- Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Your Recruiter
With 4+ years of recruiting and business development experience in various industries, including Aerospace, all levels of Accounting and Finance, Sales, all levels/areas in Mortgage, Healthcare, Logistics, and Manufacturing production I have been able to leverage and help connect companies with great talent, and vice versa in a consultative approach.
Born and raised in the DFW area, if I am not working, you can find me hanging out with my beautiful daughter fishing, kayaking, hanging out with family, or volunteering in the community.