Compliance and Safety Specialist
1140 Main Street Livingston, CA 95334
Summary of the position:
The Compliance and Safety Specialist assists the HR Director in the design, implementation and monitoring of the Compliance and Safety Plans. Consistently tracks regulatory changes and updates the safety and compliance/quality procedures as required.
Some of the position description is listed below:
- Assists the HR Director with the composition and delivery of responses to state, federal and/or regulatory agency complaints and inquiries, including OSHA and safety.
- Monitors compliance with LCH policies and procedures. Identifies compliance weaknesses and works with policy owners and leadership to quickly address adherence issues.
- Coordinates, in collaboration with the CMO, the clinical risk management processes to ensure a culture of safety, timely capture of events, reporting to insurance and federal agencies and initiation of risk analysis for all events.
- Assist the HR Director with workplace safety programs including workplace safety risk assessments and the implementation and roll out of new safety protocols.
- Primary responsibility for the IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Program). Conducts safety training, safety inspections and accident investigations and sends out regular safety reminders.
- Recommends solutions to safety issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures in the workplace.
- Assists the HR Director with the development and implementation of the Corporate Compliance Manual and Work Plan. This will include procedures to improve LCH’ s efficiency and quality of services and to reduce vulnerability to fraud and abuse as outlined by the Office of the Inspector General
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years of recent experience in safety, healthcare compliance and/or risk management.
- Three years of legal healthcare experience is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of healthcare issues in FQHC’ s and a proven track record in leading healthcare programs.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Direct Hire Recruiter
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from California State University, Fresno with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was acquired in Southern California where she lived. Her recruiting career started in Legal Staffing for Law Firms in Orange County. Then Gina moved back to the Central Valley and joined the Hire Up team as a Recruiting Manager. After three years in that seat, with most of her success being in Direct Hire placements, she was moved to Hire Up’s Executive Recruiting Division. In this new role she can put all her efforts on the focus of Executive Candidate Placement which is truly her niche.