155 E SHAW, SUITE 108 Fresno, California 93710
Hire Up Staffing Service in Fresno, CA is looking for an experienced Controller for a private company. This company handles accounting for multiple work sites and costs expenses, sales and overhead to each location. They are seeking someone with 5-10 years of Controller level, financial management experience to help set up new budgets for each branch, including managing a corporate budget. This role will advise the board of directions to ensure that each member is constantly knowledgeable about financial trends in accounting to help make the best business decisions for the overall grow of the company.
This individual must be a " hands-on" Controller where they would do the majority of the day-to-day accounting and payroll for the company. They must have prior experience mentoring a team and helping others grow with more experience. They have to be able to train and cross train people, be likable in their personality and support every general manager of each branch with financial requests.
- Complete and successfully manage all accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and cash management. This is a hand’ s on job with a small accounting staff.
- Coordinate accounting and develop collaborative relationships throughout the organization and between the multiple companies.
- Prepare, analyze and disseminate quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage relationships with banks and ensure compliance with bank covenants.
- Work with and prepare work papers required for outside financial statement review, audit and tax return preparation.
- Process all workers comp reconciliation monthly and ensure that yearly audits run smoothly.
- Handle all negotiations for new workers comp policies, new general liability policies, benefit plans and other finances that is necessary for the company to operate.
- Make suggestions on ways that the company can save money, cut back on time for staff and be more efficient.
- Manage all the communication with tax credit consultants to utilize all the available tax credits for tax savings.
- Manage 401k account, company bonus program and employee savings with each payroll.
- Handle company payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable, collection calls, and accounts payable.
- Handle all company IT issues, setting up IT for specific locations and managing IT invoices to ensure that they are not over billing the company.
- Open office environment with open communication, suggestions and feedback.
- Some travel as needed to related companies, meetings, educational workshops, etc.
- Occasional weekend or evening work is expected if necessary to meet deadlines or attend events held at the location.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or business administration
- Prior high level accounting experience, minimum of 5-10 years in accounting management
- Prior supervisory experience of at least 1-2 employees
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Understanding of governmental regulations and reporting requirements
- Understanding of related tax, auditing and IT functions
- CPA, HR or multiple location experience preferred
- Private company financial management preferred
- Solid accounting software experience with advanced understanding of Excel, QuickBooks or other accounting softwares.
- High analytical skills and wealth of knowledge in business
- Commensurate with experience
- Complete benefit package: Dental, Health Insurance, Life Insurance fully paid for the employee by the company
- Possible incentive plans or bonus' based on company growth and savings
Email your resume to Executive Recruiter, Rebecca Abell, at email@example.com and reference in the subject line " Controller"
President / Executive Recruiter
Rebecca Abell-Kirkman is Hire Up Staffing Services’ Founder and President. Since Hire Up opened in 2010, she has been responsible for all client relations, as well as the overall direction and performance of the company. With more than 11 years in the staffing industry, she has established a well-rounded background in management, sales, healthcare, and recruitment, which she has passed on to her team at Hire Up. She is an expert in career matching and would love the opportunity to work with you on the brightest path for your future! Please feel free to make a connection on Linked In as well.