155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing has been retained to conduct the search for a Estimator for our well established Fresno client!
This is a temp to hire opportunity paying$15-$16 hour depending on your experience
If you are qualified and interested in this exciting this career opportunity, please call Henry Galvan at: 559.579.1331 or message me on LinkedIn - Henry Galvan Recruiting Manager @ Hire Up - or our website, hireupss, com and apply for the position.
About the Position
We are looking for a highly motivated individual wanting to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The industry is always in high demand of individuals with the willingness to implement fire life safety. An estimator at Jorgensen Company provides our customers with accurate and knowledgeable repair cost estimates for a wide variety of projects in compliance with NFPA Standards, local and state fire codes and manufacturer component requirements.
- Thorough understanding or willingness to learn NFPA Standards, local and state fire codes and manufacturer component requirements.
- Ability to interpret construction blueprints and technical documents.
- Minimum of 2 years Fire Protection Industry experience (Preferred but not required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers, fire department personnel, property owners, management companies, technicians and office staff.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and an ability to organize a workload.
- Ability to multitask and perform basic job functions in a timely manner.
- Proficient using Microsoft based programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to pass the required drug screen.
- Must have a valid Driver’ s License.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Generate fire sprinkler system repair proposals for failed inspections, small tenant improvement projects and repairs requested by the customer in compliance with NFPA Standards, local and state fire codes and manufacturer component requirements.
- Verify the correct components and/or specialty equipment is ordered before the scope of work is scheduled with the customer.
- Acquire fire sprinkler component pricing for all specialty repair projects. e.g. Rare applications, large diameter valves and underground construction.
- Verify current fire sprinkler component pricing is up to date.
- Provide scope of work clarification to all sprinkler technicians on an as needed basis.