455 N Canyons Pkwy Suite B Livermore, CA 94551
Hire Up Staffing is currently looking for a Junior Buyer for our well known client in the East Bay Area. This candidate will report to the Purchasing Manager, and is responsible for providing support in the functional areas of purchasing which may include Materials Inventory and general administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools and miscellaneous parts.
- Reviews and places orders, pull-ins and/or pushouts per MRP buy sheets on a weekly basis.
- Uses internal build plans for each customer to guide material planning and release of shipments.
- Responsible for scheduling weekly delivery of product to support manufacturing and service requirements.
- Ensures on-time delivery of orders.
- Expedites past due material requirements as needed.
- Prepares and reviews Request for Quote proposals for New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Orders. May assist in contract negotiations within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Issues Purchase Orders and maintains records per company procedures.
- Responsible for disposition of MRB material to be returned to vendor for credit, replacement and/or rework.
- Notifies suppliers of quality issues affecting operations and ensures supplier contingency plan.
- Assists A/P with invoice issues as well as payment approval within signature approval level.
COMPETENCIES: Responds promptly to customer needs; Maintains confidentiality; Strong attention to detail needed; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Inspires respect and trust; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school graduate with 1-2 years of directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’ s Degree in related field preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment.
If you feel this position matches your skill sets please apply on our website hireupss.com or send Chris Hafizi your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay $23-$26 per hour Full time
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiting Manager for Hire Up Staffing Services my purpose is to start, open, build, and maintain paths for all professionals in all walks of life and in various industries. Hire Up Staffing specializes in finding temp-hire, direct hire placements, and temporary positions: including assistance with payroll, background checks, and job search resources. If you are currently seeking to fill your role or looking for your next opportunity, please feel free to reach out to me!