Legal Secretary with Civil Litigation Experience
155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing is actively recruiting for a Legal Secretary for a Fresno Law Firm!
This is a full time temp to hire position paying $14 to $16 per hour depending on experience.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares and revises legal documents, correspondence, memoranda, and e-mails from written form as well as from transcription
- Operates personal computer, transcription equipment to produce legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and e-mails, and other office machines such as photocopier, fax machine and postage meter
- Proofreads prepared materials to ensure documents are free from typographical and grammatical errors and are formatted according to Firm standards
- Reads, sorts and prints incoming mail, and e-mails and distributes as appropriate
- Schedules appointments and meetings for attorneys
- Manages and maintains calendar for deadlines; ensures important dates are recorded on the master calendar
- Maintains client files
- Assists in handling of reception desk duties/meet and greet clients
- Operates multi-line telephone system
- High School Diploma
- Prior legal secretary experience in the areas of education and litigation preferred
- Ability to type, read, and write in order to proofread and perform initial input and revisions to legal documents, correspondence, memoranda and e-mail.
- Must have knowledge of MS Office Suite which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of document management systems such as IManage
- Ability to type 70 wpm
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow for multiple attorneys
- Interpersonal skills to communicate verbally, in writing and by telephone in a professional manner with clients, attorneys, vendors and staff
If you meet the above qualifications please email your resumes to: email@example.com
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.