Loan Operations Specialist (Note Department)
Valencia, CA 91354
Our client is seeking a Loan Operations Specialist to work in their note department located in Los Angeles, CA. This position is responsible for preparing and boarding of all commercial loans and participations, including SBA loans. Pay varies depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Board all types of loan documents including SBA loans accurately and timely.
- Balance general ledger clearing accounts daily.
- Process payments, advances and other field maintenance adjustments.
- Perfect all types of collateral as approved by the bank.
- Knowledge of 1502 SBA remittance is a plus.
- Scan documents after boarding.
- Provide problem resolution and excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Process collateral releases for paid loan files, i.e. recons, UCC terminations, DMV titles, etc.
- Knowledge of loan documentation is a plus- will be cross trained in processing and documenting.
- Follow up on collateral and financial ticklers as assigned.
- Follow-up on Financial and Collateral ticklers.
- Provides coverage for monetary transactions, i.e. payments/advances adjustments.
- Monitor Flood Reports.
- Provide Data to management for expired insurance and delinquent taxes.
- Updates Monthly Rate Indexes.
- Prepare monthly Loan Reports to send to FRB and FHLB.
- Help with preparation of monthly Certifications.
- Participate in defining department objectives and goals.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and may train others on products, services, departmental systems, and related technology, policies and procedures.
- Brings any suspicious activity to the attention of a supervisor, or the Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
- Follow all Bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Understanding of and compliance with regulatory guidelines including but not limited to BSA, GLBA, etc. as the regulations pertain to the employee' s job function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in documenting all types of loans (SBA, Commercial, CRE, Construction) in a financial institute.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working with LaserPro and Fiserv required. Any SBA software preferred.
- Experience with Construction disbursements.
- Familiar with CA state lien laws and title insurance.
- Clear understanding and experience with the life cycle of a loan as it pertains to underwriting, processing, documentation, closing, tickler follow up, etc.
- Strong general banking experience to include client service issues and overall bank operations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; good organizational, research and follow-up skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability of working well independently and as part of a team and exercising appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
This is primarily a sedentary position that requires extensive computer work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to type, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
If you feel this position matches your skill sets please apply on our website hireupss.com or send Chris Hafizi your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiting Manager for Hire Up Staffing Services my purpose is to start, open, build, and maintain paths for all professionals in all walks of life and in various industries. Hire Up Staffing specializes in finding temp-hire, direct hire placements, and temporary positions: including assistance with payroll, background checks, and job search resources. If you are currently seeking to fill your role or looking for your next opportunity, please feel free to reach out to me!