847 W CHILDS AVE MERCED, CA 95301
Hire Up Staffing is partnering with an expanding medical group in search of a Medical Assistant. This is a temporary full time position, and the pay is $13.00 per hour. Hours for this position are Mon-Sat, 7: 30 – 6: 00pm.
The Medical Assistant (MA) performs nursing procedures and patient registration tasks and procedures. The MA reports to the Back Office Supervisor, whichever is appropriate to the designated site.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem- skills.
- Works within a team care environment to provide excellent patient care services within scope of practice as established by the Medical Board of California.
- Coordinates duties with Back Office Supervisor (BOS) and from licensed providers, RNs, LVNs, Director of Nursing (DON), Director of Operations (DOO), Quality Improvement/Assurance staff, GVHC trainers and Senior Leadership.
- Pre-visit planning in collaboration with patient
- Creating opportunities for patient access
- Communicating effectively with care team throughout the day
- Maintaining efficient patient care flow throughout the day
- Providing continuity of care for the patient within the care team for that day
- Collect and record patient data for vital signs, height, weight, and basic medical history
- Medication and vaccine administration
- Specimen collection and in-house diagnostic tests
- Uncomplicated wound care and suture removal
- Non-invasive treatments (e.g. ear lavage)
- Removal of splints and orthotics
- Application of prefabricated orthopedic appliances
- Assisting in ambulation and transfers
- Patient preparation for procedures and assisting provider in such
- Provide patient instructions and education upon authorization of the provider
- Emergency first aid and CPR
- Nail cutting in healthy patients
- Fit prescription lenses or use any optical device in connection with ocular exercises, visual training, vision training, or orthoptics
- Records performance of authorized patient treatment and care in the medical record, consistent with GVHC protocols
- Participates in staff education and training activities in collaboration with back office training staff. Maintains required competencies as established.
- Assists in facility management including keeping patient areas clean and safe
- Assists in responding to and resolving patient complaints as needed.
- Proactively assumes responsibility for continuous improvement activities and is receptive to accepting other job duties as assigned and as delegated.