1736 S Central Visalia, CA 93277
HIRE UP STAFFING SERVICES IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR AN EXPERIENCED MACHINIST FOR A LOCAL VISALIA COMPANY!
POSITION IS TEMP TO HIRE AND REQUIRES 2+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design parts to solve issues or to be used in production
- Create parts from designs using mills, lathes and other machining equipment
- Participate in tooling maintenance including sharpening punches and blades
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipated needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock and verifying receipt of stock.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions and troubleshooting processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance, following manufacturer’ s instructions and calling for repairs as needed.
- Trains others in the proper preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Be available to work outside of normal operating hours including weekends, holidays, etc. if needed.
- Prioritizes work according to safety, production and project plans.
- Follow company safety and handbook policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Certification (or equivalent experience) in one or more of the following trades:
Machinist or Industrial Machinery Mechanic.
2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience as a machinist or other related position.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice.
- Flexibility to learn and use new technology.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents.
- Ability to use complex math.
- Ability to use common sense in understanding tasks and resolving issues.
- Knowledge of the safety, legal and handling procedures of goods and machine.
- Read and interpret tape measure, calipers, hardness gauges and other measurement devices
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
IF THIS SOUND LIKE YOU THEN FILL OUT THE APPLICATION ON OUR WEBSITE HIREUPSS.COM, AND FEEL FREE TO APPLY TO ANY OTHER POSITIONS THAT YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR.