2137 Herndon Ave Suite 102 Clovis, CA 93611
Hire Up Staffing is looking for a Medical Assistant with experience working in an OBGYN medical clinic. This role will start off as part time, but has potential to grow into a full time opportunity. You will be working in a team setting at one of the best OBGYN clinics in the Central Valley. Qualified candidates must meet the below criteria and must demonstrate professionalism at all times.
Medical Assistants perform a variety of functions in the office including rooming patients, entering medical history, assisting providers with minor office surgical procedures, and answering patient calls.In this role, you will focus on Front Office Medical Assistant responsibilities.
- Perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the office of the physicians (and other health Practitioners) running smoothly such as answering phones, greeting patients, updating medical charts and records, handling consents and correspondence, ordering laboratory service.
- Orders laboratory tests using the EMR as requested by the provider. Able to complete requests matching patient’ s insurance information with correct provider for the services needed.
- Clinical duties include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing rooms and patients for examination, and assisting the provider during examinations.
- Preparing and administering medications for patients as directed by the Physician, complete prescription refills, and transcribes refills as outlined in company policy, answer phones in the triage call center.
- Accurately enters patients information into the electronic medical records
- Uses approved medical terminology when communicating verbally and in the medical record.
- Prepares rooms and equipment for specialized procedures and assists providers as needed
- Follow standardized procedures for giving injections to patients
- Uses universal precautions when collecting specimens or preform basic laboratory tests on the premises, dispose of contaminated supplies and sterilized medical instruments.
- Arrange examining-room instruments and equipment, and keep waiting and examining rooms neat and clean.
- Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
- Clinical Care: Ensure that quality patient care is delivered to all patients on a 24-hour basis, and the unit is maintained in accordance with professional and regulatory standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 plus years’ experience working in the OBGYN setting.
- High School graduate, or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Knowledge of and ability to use EHR systems, Microsoft Outlook
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiter - Healthcare
Hello! My name is Brian and I’m a Recruiting Manager at Hire Up Staffing. I help high performers land amazing jobs by connecting skilled talent to quality companies. I love working with people and helping them land their dream job. I have recruiting experience in a variety of different industries including Healthcare, Professional Services, Construction, Engineering, Industrial, and Environmental. Whether you’re fresh out of school or a 20+ year expert, I can help you find your next career opportunity.