Dallas, TX 93711
Hire Up is seeking a Medical Coder/Biller!
To be a part of the revenue cycle management team, working towards obtaining accurate reimbursement for healthcare claims by utilizing specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes for insurance billing. Reviewing claims data to ensure that assigned codes meet required legal and insurance rules and that required signatures and authorizations are in place prior to submission. If a claim is denied due to incorrect coding, the coding specialist conducts medical records research and corresponds with insurance companies and healthcare professionals to resolve the issue.
- Collects delinquent accounts by following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Uses Athena to manage patients billing and ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies; determining appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies; testifying for the hospital in court cases.
- Maintains medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Protects clinic' s value by keeping collection information confidential and maintaining HIPAA standards.
- Serves and protects the clinic community by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
-2+ years orthopedic billing and coding ICD9/10 & CPT
-Certificate or associate' s degree in medical coding, health information technology and medical terminology.
- Experience working with multiple insurance carriers
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and are interested, please send in your resume.
- Have you completed the following level of education: Associates?
- How many years of Orthopedic Medical Billing experience do you have?
- ORTHOPEDIC BILLING AND CODING ICD9/10 & CPT: 2 years (Required)
- Certificate or associate' s degree in medical coding, health: 1 year (Required)