Mortgage Loan Underwritter
8601 RR 2222 Austin, TX 78730
Are you looking for a challenging environment with the opportunity for growth and personal advancement?
What You Will Be Doing
• Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and FHA/VA guidelines.
• Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an investment quality loan product.
• Checks accuracy of all calculations and data integrity. - Completion of all required underwriting worksheets found in Fast Trac 360 Resource Center.
• Assists with the training of new underwriters. - Recommends the loan disposition to underwriting manager for loan amounts in excess of authority limitation.
• Maintains underwriting activity logs and provides monthly underwriting report to underwriting manager.
• Available to processors and correspondents for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files.
• Responds to post closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion.
• Performs related duties, as directed by Underwriting or Operations Manager. What You Need for this Position
• Minimum 3-5 years of mortgage underwriting experience, with solid working knowledge of underwriting guidelines.
• Experience with private investor and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
• Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
• Excellent analytical, written communication and verbal communication skills.
• Technologically proficient.
• Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
For Immediate Consideration please apply now and give us a call at 512-647-1487
HireUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Your Recruiter
Hello, my name is Shelby Swift. I was born and raised in Colorado but moved to Texas in 2012. I have been in the staffing industry for 3 years. I have been an office admin and branch manager of a fast-growing temporary agency and I am now a Recruiting Manager at Hire Up Staffing Services connecting great employers with great employees. Before entering the staffing industry, I was a Solution Sales Specialist for the West Texas and New Mexico area for various oil and gas companies. In my free time, I spend most of my free time playing RPG's and first shooter games on Xbox. I also enjoy reading fantasy books and watching sci-fi movies, my favorite movie is Star Wars .