155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Agent for our well established Fresno Client!
This is a Direct Hire opportunity PAYING - $41, 300 - $55, 100 annually!
OBJECTIVES: Interview, negotiate, collect, organize, and interpreting cost information from trade partners.
- Interview, negotiate, and confer with trade partners to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Prepare and issue all purchase orders.
- Prepare and issue bid requests.
- Review and process special option requests from design and sales departments per company guidelines.
- Maintain computerized database of purchasing and option sales pricing information.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price.
- Assist in selecting products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control/warranty personnel and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Assist with questions that arise about contracts, specifications, floor plans, plan options, customer services issues, and trade partner billing.
- Attend all internal and external meetings pertaining to purchasing/estimating.
- Assist to research and eliminate all trade partner and internal cost variances.
- Assist in creating and maintaining scopes of work for all trade categories.
- Help identify cost-saving techniques, materials and procedures.
- Review new floor plan model homes in the field for accuracy compared to approved set of floor plans and contract scope of work and specifications.
- Education/Experience: Minimum 4-year degree, 3-5 years full-time purchasing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills:
- Required – Ability to negotiate cost and terms. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, trade agreements, scopes of work, create spreadsheets, and other related documents. Ability to effectively communicate and disseminate information and respond to questions from Managers, contractors, suppliers, clients, customers, engineers, regulators, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with the occasional dissatisfied business associate or customer.
- Strongly Preferred – Ability to read and analyze general office and construction related documents including residential building blueprints.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Required – Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strongly Preferred – Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as planes, solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Reasoning Abilities:
- Required – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with multiple variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Understanding the relationship and differences between legal and technical documents.
- Computer Skills:
- Required – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the following software programs: Microsoft Office Suite and industry purchasing software equivalent to BuilderMT Workflow Management Suite (WMS).
A candidate with a Construction background and a College Degree is a plus!
If you have the above qualifications, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 579.1331
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.