Q & A Manager
15516 S. Walnut Caruthers, CA 93609
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Schedule: Year Round, Salary - Exempt
Location: Central Valley California
Job Summary and Qualifications
Hire Up Staffing Services is working with one of the best recognized food processors, marketers and distributors of high-quality farm products, as well as a leading producer and distributor of this type of produce in the USA. Production runs continuously all year round operating in Central Valley California. This company is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team and work under the direction of their Food Safety.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager will provide leadership and support for the development and implementation of Food Safety/Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures. This positions’ main function is to assure the quality of incoming raw material, product, processing, and finished goods meet and exceed Quality Assurance and Food Safety standards as well as exceed customer’ s expectations. This is accomplished through effectively planning, designing, Primus GFSI audits, customer audits, and communicating Quality Assurances (QA), Food Safety (FS), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’ s), and Global Food Safety Initiative standards (GFSI), FSMA Preventative Controls Rule, policies, procedures and measures.
This position will report to corporate, Director of Food Safety.
- Establish, communicate and monitor QA, FS, GMP, FSMA Preventative Controls programs
- Assure QA, FS, FSMA PC and GMP systems are effectively utilized by all inter-departments
- Assess QA, FS, FSMA PC and GMP systems for overall effectiveness; must meet and exceed company, industry and customer expectations
- Lead 3rd party, customer, food safety, processing audits
- Train production personnel on QA and FS programs
- Troubleshoot QA and FS issues promptly with Managers to find best solution while limiting internal and external liability
- Facilitate product and process deviations, non-conformances, and Corrective Action Plans (CAPs)
- Support non-conforming material recalls, product complaint investigations, and biological product deviation report requirements
- Manage planning and execution of existing and new product testing efforts
- Hire and directly supervise the food safety/quality assurance/sanitation team assuring members are properly trained and work in a safe environment
- Participate, Plan, and design Primus GFSI audits and customer audits
Additional Duties (plant sanitation program related)
- Production/Operation (back up support when needed)
- Assist with identifying hazards around the plant
- Serve as a liaison for sales department; PPO visitors/customers
- Handle majority of purchasing for the plant (PPE, Supplies, and anything not related to maintenance equipment)
- Minimum five (5) years in related field; FS, QA, processing facility, fresh produce industry, and sanitation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science, Biological Science, Microbiology, Food Safety, agricultural or plant science, or related field required.
- Must be trained by FSPCA as a Qualified Individual under FSMA Preventative Controls Rule, and hold a valid certificate
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Experienced managing broad range of quality-related functions, including HACCP plans, GMP’ s, GFSI, and AIB certification
- Computer Proficient – Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel application minimum
- Strong interpersonal, written, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrate desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, product quality and reliability
- Leadership skills that inspire team confidence, motivation and respect in a creative and effective manner
- Some travel required during Arizona season
Benefits / Pay
- $55, 000 - $65, 000
- Fully paid medical, dental and other insurance plans
- Flexible management work schedule
- Great work/personal life balance
- Rewarding job
Apply by sending your resume through our job board to Rhonda Gipson to get immediate consideration today!
Branch Manager - Fresno
With upwards of 15 years of diverse work experience in the Fresno and Kings County areas, Rhonda Gipson joins Hire Up Staffing to share her skills with clients and employees alike. She contributes a strong agricultural and dairy farming background, in combination with financial and banking experience. Her motivation is driven by committed support to our clients and employees, providing the tools and services to ensure success in their business relationships.