QA Lab Manager
501 South Alta Avenue Dinuba, CA 93618
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a starting salary of $90, 000-$100, 000/yr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with use of databases and software applications that support ingredient and finished product specifications
- Maintain and report supplier scorecard metrics
- Review and approve all supplier Corrective Action Reports
- Develop/write updates to lab and incoming material procedures, as needed
- Must be able to write reports and create dashboard presentations on metrics relating to areas of responsibility
- Support plant operations as needed
- Investigate microbiological opportunities
- Develop protocol as necessary to support GFSI/BRC, FSIS, and FSMA
- Strong professional communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different levels within the organization
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Food Science or related field of study
- Five years of previous supervisory experience in a microbiology lab or QA food processing environment
- Must have knowledge of microbiological and analytical testing methods
- Must be versed in GFSI, FSIS regulations and FSMA
- HACCP certificate
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required for this position
Steven Hunt is a seasoned Recruiting Manager, and will review your resume immediately upon application.
Steven joined an established team of recruiters at the Visalia branch of Hire Up. His experience involves hiring and training for multiple production and service industries and he is excited to bring that expertise to his new career. Born and raised in Visalia, Steven recently moved back to the valley after spending the majority of his career living throughout the state. That time away from the Valley gave Steven a chance to learn the hiring practices and trends of large corporations as well as smaller operations. Home is where the heart is and moving back to the area has provided Steven with the opportunity to apply his acquired skills in service of the community.
Hire Up is a full-service staffing firm dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service for direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary positions; including assistance with payroll, background checks and job search
resources. Every member of our team comes with tenure in the recruitment industry. As a whole we have 30 years combined experience to serve you the best out of any service in our area. That’s why we have been voted as the Top Staffing Service in the Central Valley several years in a row!