501 South Alta Avenue Dinuba, CA 93618
Hire Up Staffing is currently recruiting for a QA Manager in food processing for our client in the Dinuba area!
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with one of the top employers in the Central Valley!
Primary responsibility for the quality and food safety compliance of all food manufactured within the given plant of responsibility. Serve as the primary contact for all regulatory concerns from the State, USDA/FSIS and FDA. Lead enforcement activity to support and maintain third party audit certifications and qualification. Support the programs to meet and exceed customer specification requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the charge for BRC qualification or passing third party audit score-as defined in the goals
- Address USDA inquiries; respond to NR’ s
- Conduct annual HACCP, Food Defense, GMP program reassessments
- Provide process reviews of new products/processes
- Provide program training material
- Support, lead and develop direct reports
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Report on KPI’ s within the department on an agreed frequency
- Understand the drivers of the KPI results
- Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation
- Work cohesively with colleagues and regulators
- Provide timely disposition of products on hold
- Operate the department within budget and support operations improvement
- Ability to communicate well with all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- AS400 and PRISM experience a plus.
- Must have knowledge of HACCP, GMP(s), SOP(s) and Food Safety Principles.
- Strong leadership and Management skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Microbiology or related field of study; five 5 years of previous supervisory experience in a microbiology lab or QA food-processing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience in a food manufacturing plant.
- Recent HACCP certification and/or training
- Familiarity with the Global Food Safety Initiative, either BRC or SQF
If this sounds like you then please apply on our website at Hireupss.com!
Steven joined an established team of recruiters at the Visalia branch of Hire Up. His experience involves hiring and training for multiple production and service industries and he is excited to bring that expertise to his new career. Born and raised in Visalia, Steven recently moved back to the valley after spending the majority of his career living throughout the state. That time away from the Valley gave Steven a chance to learn the hiring practices and trends of large corporations as well as smaller operations. Home is where the heart is and moving back to the area has provided Steven with the opportunity to apply his acquired skills in service of the community.
Hire Up is a full-service staffing firm dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service for direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary positions; including assistance with payroll, background checks and job search
resources. Every member of our team comes with tenure in the recruitment industry. As a whole we have 30 years combined experience to serve you the best out of any service in our area. That’s why we have been voted as the Top Staffing Service in the Central Valley several years in a row!