Delano, CA 93215
Exciting Safety Manager position with strong leadership skills!
Company will cover the cost of relocation for the perfect candidate to work in the Exeter area. Pay is between $85, 000 - $110, 000 annually with other perks as well!
Reporting to the Safety Director, the Safety Manager is responsible for the development and administration of safety procedures, programs, and practices for their assigned geographic stewardship and be an active participant of the local management team(s). Leading all safety for the location and running a safety team in various departments.
The Safety Manager will function as an adviser to local management on regulatory
issues and together will ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
with a focus on the continuous improvement of safety practice. The Safety Manager will also participate on company wide initiatives as appropriate.
- B.S Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Eight years progressive experience in the development and management of safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Incident investigation expertise as it relates to safety, injury and workers comp.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills (writing, presentation, data organization).
- Extensive knowledge of Cal-OSHA and EPA standards for safety.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members have the best safety standards of the plant.
- Must have valid CA driver’ s license.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not required.
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer Certification preferred.
- CPR & First Aid Trainer Certification preferred.
- Manufacturing Experience
Please submit your resume via our job board to be reviewed by Shelley Morris for this amazing Safety Manager position!