Delano, CA 93215
Exciting Safety Manager position with strong leadership skills!
Company will cover the cost of relocation for the perfect candidate to work in the Exeter area. Pay is between $85, 000 - $110, 000 annually with other perks as well!
Reporting to the Safety Director, the Safety Manager is responsible for the development and administration of safety procedures, programs, and practices for their assigned geographic stewardship and be an active participant of the local management team(s). Leading all safety for the location and running a safety team in various departments.
The Safety Manager will function as an adviser to local management on regulatory
issues and together will ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
with a focus on the continuous improvement of safety practice. The Safety Manager will also participate on company wide initiatives as appropriate.
- B.S Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Eight years progressive experience in the development and management of safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Incident investigation expertise as it relates to safety, injury and workers comp.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills (writing, presentation, data organization).
- Extensive knowledge of Cal-OSHA and EPA standards for safety.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members have the best safety standards of the plant.
- Must have valid CA driver’ s license.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not required.
- Forklift Train-the-Trainer Certification preferred.
- CPR & First Aid Trainer Certification preferred.
- Manufacturing Experience
Please submit your resume via our job board to be reviewed by Shelley Morris for this amazing Safety Manager position!
Shelley joined the team of professional recruiters with the goal to broaden their reach in the California market, expanding to the Bakersfield’s area. Prior to becoming a Recruiting Manager at Hire Up Staffing Services, Shelley was an in-house recruiter for a major nationwide staffing service in the Dallas, TX. She acted as their primary staffing consultant providing comprehensive talent acquisition solutions to their wide professional customer base, as well as filling in as the Compliance Coordinator when needed. With a blended background of HR solutions, recruiting and understanding the laws for personnel file management she staffed for several key and difficult industries - Military Defense, Aerospace, Semiconductor Specialty, Fortune 500 companies, and even some wineries on the Central Coast. Shelley was a primary recruiter for Atlast Copco Mafi-Trench, the world’s leading producer that develops, manufactures, and services air compressors for oil companies worldwide.
Having really found a passion for recruiting and career coaching since starting in the staffing industry, Shelley thrives on finding specific talent for a wide variety of industries and functions. Since Hire Up specializes in hard-to-fill positions, Shelley plans to bring her diverse knowledge and continue to perfect her skills at Hire Up. As the primary Recruiting Manager for the Hire Up Bakersfield Branch, she is excited to develop new partnerships in the Kern County as well as attract and retain the best talent on the market to make those companies the most successful.