Atwater, CA 95301
Hire Up Staffing is recruiting for a Senior Accountant for our well-established client located in Atwater!
In this position you will be responsible for performing various accounting tasks with an emphasis on monthly financial reporting and analysis.
Some duties are listed below:
- Assist in preparing month-end and year-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Performing balance sheet account reconciliations as well as ad hoc analysis to identify and resolve key issues with significant financial impacts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts. Prepare variance analysis of those accounts.
- Make recommendations on areas of risk and opportunities where required.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports
- Assist in the semiannual forecasting process, including analysis and reporting.
Some Job Qualifications listed below:
- Basic Accounting Principles: Knowledge of basic accounting principles around transactional processes.
- Tax: Knowledge of property tax, sales tax, corporate tax, payroll tax filing requirements.
- Reconciliation: Ability to compare data from various data sources and identify inconsistencies or variances.
- Basic Financial Analysis: The ability to analyze financial data (e.g., validity of data including balance sheet account balance, P&L variance, volume trends, return on investments). This includes producing spreadsheets, describing variances, identifying issues, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Control Environment: Ability to assess current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded, and reported. This may include designing and implementing cost-effective systems and procedures properly.
Education & Training
- Minimum - B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience (medical industry experience desired)
If you meet the above qualifications apply on our website ASAP! www.hireupss.com
Leah Perez is the Branch Manager for Hire Up Staffing Services in the Visalia CA office. She has over 14 years of recruiting experience, mostly focusing on skilled administrative and accounting professionals in all industries. Individuals who have partnered with Leah in the past find her to be honest, ethical, and trustworthy. These things are all important in the partnership to make the best decision for your future and your career. She looks forward to helping you along your journey today!