155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant for one or our manufacturing clients. This is a great Direct Hire opportunity, they are looking to move quickly! Salary range depending on experience up to $80k!
- Assist in preparing month-end and year-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Performing balance sheet account reconciliations as well as ad hoc analysis to identify and resolve key issues with significant financial impacts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts. Prepare variance analysis of those accounts. Make recommendations on areas of risk and opportunities where required.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements.
- Can understand, manage and document systems, operations, accounting, business processes and reporting flows for a business.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the semiannual forecasting process, including analysis and reporting.
- Assist in preparing year end accounting information for tax preparation.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and by item profit & loss reports.
- Manage monthly royalty accounting and reporting.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions to increase accuracy, minimize risk or realize efficiencies.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects within the department
- Prepare information as required by external auditors to support annual audit.
- Other financial analysis and duties to support the Company as required.
- GAAP: Knowledge of U.S. GAAP. This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
- Basic Accounting Principles: Knowledge of basic accounting principles around transactional processes.
- Tax: Knowledge of property tax, sales tax, corporate tax, payroll tax filing requirements.
- Reconciliation: Ability to compare data from various data sources and identify inconsistencies or variances.
- Basic Financial Analysis: The ability to analyze financial data (e.g., validity of data including balance sheet account balance, P&L variance, volume trends, return on investments). This includes producing spreadsheets, describing variances, identifying issues, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Control Environment: Ability to assess current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded, and reported. This may include designing and implementing cost-effective systems and procedures properly.
- Proficiency in MS-Office suite including Excel skills (Vlookups and pivot tables).
- ERP system experience.
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to handle/coordinate/complete numerous complex tasks simultaneously.
- Self-starter able to identify, plan, and execute tasks with minimal guidance.
Education & Training
- Minimum - B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience (Big 4 or Fortune 500 preferred).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The order in which essential duties are listed is not significant.
*If you meet the above qualifications please apply or email Cynthia Espinoza directly at email@example.com*
Cynthia comes with an upwards of 10 years of diverse work experience in the Fresno and San Luis Obispo County areas. She contributes a strong sales and customer service background, in combination with financial and staffing experience. Cynthia Espinoza joins our Fresno team to share her skills with clients and employees alike. She looks forward to assisting you in your career search!