155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing is recruiting for a Senior Accountant for our well established client located in Kingsburg!
This is a Direct Hire position paying $65, 000 to $80, 000 depending on experience.
In this position you will be responsible for performing various accounting tasks with an emphasis on monthly financial reporting and analysis.
Some duties are listed below:
- Assist in preparing month-end and year-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Performing balance sheet account reconciliations as well as ad hoc analysis to identify and resolve key issues with significant financial impacts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts. Prepare variance analysis of those accounts. Make recommendations on areas of risk and opportunities where required.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the semiannual forecasting process, including analysis and reporting.
Some Job Qualifications listed below:
- GAAP: Knowledge of U.S. GAAP. This includes the ability to apply these principles and determine compliance with the principles.
- Basic Accounting Principles: Knowledge of basic accounting principles around transactional processes.
- Tax: Knowledge of property tax, sales tax, corporate tax, payroll tax filing requirements.
- Reconciliation: Ability to compare data from various data sources and identify inconsistencies or variances.
- Basic Financial Analysis: The ability to analyze financial data (e.g., validity of data including balance sheet account balance, P&L variance, volume trends, return on investments). This includes producing spreadsheets, describing variances, identifying issues, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Control Environment: Ability to assess current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded, and reported. This may include designing and implementing cost-effective systems and procedures properly.
Education & Training
- Minimum - B.S. in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience (Big 4 or Fortune 500 preferred).
If you meet the above qualifications and are looking for a position working for anamazing company -- please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.