13525 S. Bethel Kingsburg, CA 93631
Hire Up Staffing is recruiting for a Shipping Supervisor - (Swing Shift Hours) for our Central Valley client!
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity working for a well known and well respected company paying $50K to $55K Annually.
Job Description Below:
This is a full-time management position in Kingsburg, CA, which is responsible for overseeing all operations within the specific department. This individual will be responsible for supervising up to 8 union employees and a crew-leader and will report to the department manager.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the department.
- Responsible for warehousing and generating load plans for all shipments.
- Communicate and work with the Quality Assurance department to ensure that we do not ship any item that does not conform to the company specification.
- Ensure that the department is staffed according to Shipping needs.
- Handle all employee performance related issues including discipline and annual evaluations.
- Approve employee vacations and other required time off.
- Handling employee training as needed.
- Responsible for safety of the employees in the area of responsibility.
- Understand Union contracts and effectively use their provisions to increase efficiency.
- Understand and follow all food safety requirements of company HACCP plan.
- Understand and follow all regulatory issues related to food processing environment.
- Understand and follow all regulations regarding labor relations.
- Effectively understand the crewing requirements for the area of responsibility and communicate requirements to Personnel department.
- Supervisory skills particularly in a food processing environment are a plus for this position. This individual will need to be familiar with various item code specifications.
- Additionally, this individual would need to have a good understanding of other areas of the plant including Yard/Receiving, Processing, Packaging, Mixed Commodities, etc.
- Rapidly changing production environment requires individuals who could adapt to change quickly and react as needed.
If you are interested in this position and have the proven experience listed above, please apply directly to this position on our website: www.hireupss.com
Gina Ireland is a Recruiting Manager at Hire Up Staffing and will review your resume. If you have any questions regarding the position, please call Gina at 559.579.1331
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from Fresno State with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was obtained while she lived and worked in Southern California as a Legal Staffing Recruiter for law offices. This is where she realized being a recruiter was the career for her. The satisfaction of making the “perfect match” for both the candidate and the client is what appeals to her and keeps Gina pushing forward to ensure happiness and success for both the client and the candidate.