155 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 108 Fresno, CA 93710
Hire Up Staffing Services has joined the recruitment efforts of our East Fresno Client as they gear up their search for a Transportation Manager. This is the logistics and supply chain management role you have been waiting for! This amazing Direct Hire opportunity has a starting pay of $80-100K.
This is a full time professional position responsible for maintaining our Client' s overall transportation network that optimizes cost and service to meet Company goals. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Supply Chain.
Principle duties include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate and maintain carrier service and pricing agreements, including LTL, truckload, intermodal services.
- Establish standards for cost and service for shipments from 13 forward warehouses.
- Work with carriers to maintain a sufficient year-round supply of intermodal equipment to support the outbound shipping program at the plant.
- Develop and maintain communication with key carrier and warehouse contacts to ensure maximum service.
- Evaluate freight costs on an ongoing basis, and issue regular cost reports to management. Work with management to measure and evaluate freight cost recovery.
- Manage and maintain a system for reporting and measuring on-time delivery performance.
- Manage the freight and warehouse payment process through TranzAct Technologies.
- Oversee the freight loss and damage claims process.
- Supervise and support the Traffic Manager in the management of 3rd party warehouse transportation services.
- Work closely with the Customer Service, Warehouse Replenishment, and Shipping departments to resolve transportation related issues, and ensure a smooth distribution program for customers.
- Initiate and/or conduct distribution studies as needed to identify areas of opportunity for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Assemble freight cost data as needed for customer and/or USDA bids.
- Establish freight allowances for pickup customers.
- Prepare the annual freight budget and monitor performance.
- Bachelor’ s Degree Preferred
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume on our website for this job posting and feel free to apply to any other positions that you feel that you are qualified for. Rhonda Gipson is a Recruiter with Hire Up and she' ll review your resume for this position, along with any other positions that you apply for.
Rhonda Gipson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 559-579-1331
Branch Manager - Fresno
With upwards of 15 years of diverse work experience in the Fresno and Kings County areas, Rhonda Gipson joins Hire Up Staffing to share her skills with clients and employees alike. She contributes a strong agricultural and dairy farming background, in combination with financial and banking experience. Her motivation is driven by committed support to our clients and employees, providing the tools and services to ensure success in their business relationships.