Training and Development Specialist
1140 Main Street Livingston, CA 95334
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for training employees at all levels using training programs developed internally and/or externally. Conducts training needs assessments to identify specific areas for training and develops programs accordingly. Communicates and collaborates with supervisors to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and revises as needed.
Some specifics regarding the position are listed below:
- Trains employees at all levels, from entry-level new hires to supervisors in a wide range of business and operational areas and/or skills.
- Conducts the training in an effective, interesting and interactive manner that recognizes the adult learning model (Acquisition – Demonstration – Application) and minimizes lectures.
- Develops training evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of the training after the training is completed and after an appropriate time back on the job using the training
- Conducts formal training needs assessments through the use of surveys, observations and review of documentation to identify specific areas for training of employees.
- Determines the most effective and efficient use of resources (time, staff and monies) to develop training programs internally or to purchase training programs (off the shelf) or to utilize outside consultants or vendors.
- Utilizes good project management skills (goals, person(s) responsible, milestones, resources required and estimated completion date) to develop training programs as needed.
- Collaborates with other supervisors and departments to develop training as needed
- Coordinates with the IT Department to organize and/or present HIT training as needed.
- Evaluates the effectiveness immediately after the training is completed and after the employee has returned to the job (30 or 60 or 90 days after the training)
- Revises the training programs as needed or as indicated by the course evaluations
- May assist or conduct small group training for departments or clinics as needed (i.e., teambuilding or conflict resolution)
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Direct Hire Recruiter
Gina is a Fresno native who graduated from California State University, Fresno with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. Most of her professional recruiting experience was acquired in Southern California where she lived. Her recruiting career started in Legal Staffing for Law Firms in Orange County. Then Gina moved back to the Central Valley and joined the Hire Up team as a Recruiting Manager. After three years in that seat, with most of her success being in Direct Hire placements, she was moved to Hire Up’s Executive Recruiting Division. In this new role she can put all her efforts on the focus of Executive Candidate Placement which is truly her niche.