Accounts Receivables Specialist
2020 E Grant Line Road Tracy, CA 95304 US
Hire Up Staffing is searching for a experienced Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist in the Tracy, Ca area.
Pay - $20.00-$25.00 Per Hour
Hours - 7AM -4PM Monday - Friday
The Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist works with Contracts, Sales, the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Receivable team and the Controller to perform a wide variety of Collections and Accounts Receivable duties. This position maintains customer reconciliations while taking ownership of the collections and overall AR process. The Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist maintains customer accounts receivable balances, aging’s, runs reports and updates accounting data as needed. The Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist will perform various day to day, weekly and month end closing tasks as assigned to meet Collections and Accounts Receivable deadlines.
Incumbent must have knowledge of collections and accounts receivable in the construction and manufacturing industry. Along with strong collections and accounts receivable experience, the Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist should have familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles, general ledger accounting and month end close processes.
The position requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality, work with the highest degree of quality, accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines while working in a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Maintain process and ownership of Collections and proper payment application.
- Make collection calls/emails on past due accounts and enter notes in system.
- Research payment discrepancies and work with sales department to resolve issues.
- Update customer account information.
- Reconcile customer accounts.
- Review contracts for billing requirements.
- Maintain proper retention billing.
- Resolve any ready to invoice list issues.
- Update AR reports and logs.
- Verify and validate billing.
- Good understanding of the Pre-Lien process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relations, problem solving skills.
- Be able to work independently and must be self-motivated.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and databases as well as Microsoft Office especially Excel and Word.
- Update AR system and Job Boards with necessary AR data.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all personnel.
At a minimum the position requires…
AA Degree in Accounting combined with 2 years’ work experience in Construction AR/Collections
or 5 years’ experience in AR/Collections in Construction/Manufacturing
Meet Whitney, Account Manager in Modesto! Whitney has been working in staffing and recruiting for a few years and has worked in various positions such as administrative recruiting, human resources, and as a recruiter. Whitney is excited to share her knowledge and grow the Modesto branch. She is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because she loves connecting with people and making a difference in other people's lives! She was also drawn to Hire Up Staffing because she felt so many of her views and goals lined up with ours! When Whitney is not in the office you can find her wine tasting, at the spa, or trying out new foods.