CNC Machinist - Swiss - 2nd Shift
727 North Shepherd Drive #100 Houston, TX 77007 US
Hire Up Staffing is looking for 2nd shift Swiss CNC Machinists in Houston, Tx for a large medical device manufacturing company.
Pay rate- Starting at $21/hr
Duties include but not limited too:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specification, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine control or control media as required
- Verify conformance of finished workpiece to specification, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and coordinate measuring machine (CMM)
- Operates equipment within a cell with multiple machines to produce high quality parts within prescribed routed time to meet production demands
- Changes inserts/tools and makes the necessary offsets to continue to make parts per blueprint and process specifications
- Performs 1st piece inspections and monitors own work to meet process requirements including fully documenting inspection reports developed by the Quality department
- Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions
- May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions
- Any additional duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience on a Swiss Machine
Must be able to use micrometer, drop indicator, and dial/digital caliper
Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and effectively with management, co-workers and other departments
For immediate consideration please apply today at hireupss.com and call us at (281) 800-9124.
Assistant Territory Director
Meet Nicole, your Assistant Territory Director in the Houston branch! Nicole has previously worked in various fields, from a Fish Grader and Forklift Operator at a Fish Cannery in Alaska to Medical Billing and Account Management for Anesthesiologists and Pain Management Clinics. She found staffing was her passion when she started credentialing and worked her way up to a Recruiting Manager. A work-related accomplishment she is proud of is being able to grow into roles of responsibility. Starting from an entry level and learning the ropes of everyone's job helped her become successful in management roles at almost every company she has worked at. One goal that Nicole has now is growth! She doesn't want to be in a position because it is comfortable. She wants to be challenged to succeed and be able to help and grow others. Nicole is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because she is part of a team with the structure and support necessary to grow all employees, both internally and externally. When she is outside the office, you can find Nicole spending time with her kids, camping, fishing, concerts, and being outdoors.