720 S. Stockton Ave. Ripon, CA 95366 US
Hire Up Staffing Services is in search of a Collections Specialist to work in Ripon, Ca!
Pay Rate - $22.00 /Hr.
Hours: 7:30AM -4:30PM
Job Summary: The Collector will identify delinquent accounts, locate and notify customers of delinquent status, initiate appropriate action to recover balances, and maintain all related records.
- Monitors the status of delinquent accounts.
- Initiates collection actions by notifying account holders and cosigners of delinquent status.
- Records payments made to the customer’s account.
- Investigates disputed balances; where appropriate, corrects errors such as misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors, or overpayments from insurance.
- Identifies accounts requiring additional, personal contact for referral to a third-party collector.
- Ensures the security of customer files and delinquent account reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and state and federal laws pertaining to collection activities.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to exercise integrity and discretion.
- Ability to remain professional in tense situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Associate’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in credit and collection work is highly preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Executive Account Manager
Meet Whitney, our Executive Account Manager on the Central CA team! Whitney has been working in staffing and recruiting for years and has worked in various positions such as administration, human resources, and as a recruiter. Whitney loves working at Hire Up because she enjoys connecting with people and making a difference in other people's lives! She was also drawn to Hire Up because she felt so many of her views and goals lined up perfectly with ours! When Whitney is not in the office you can find her wine tasting, at the spa, or trying out new foods.