Contracts Management Attorney
1285 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019 US
LOCATION: HYBRID in NEW YORK, NEW YORK
SHIFT: Monday through Friday
SALARY: $155k - $215,000 DOE
A large, prestigious firm is seeking an experienced attorney to join the Professional Responsibility Department. The Contracts Management Attorney will oversee all aspects of the review, negotiation, and management of firm contracts, reporting to the Deputy General Counsel and collaborating closely with lawyers and business professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts for various vendors and service providers (e.g., software, events, facilities, publications, experts, and consultants).
- Collaborate with internal business professionals to understand needs, offering practical and strategic legal advice with a focus on risk mitigation.
- Provide guidance on contracting and negotiating topics, including contract interpretation, renewals, and disputes.
- Develop and maintain template agreements and standard terms for common contracts.
- Maintain a reference library of prior agreements and terms.
- Assist in establishing, implementing, and maintaining contract lifecycle management policies and processes.
- Conduct legal research.
- Stay updated on legal and functional developments to ensure continuous improvement of contracting practices.
- Liaise with internal and external legal resources as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- J.D. required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience practicing law, with significant experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts.
- Familiarity with data privacy and intellectual property contract terms preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, translating legal terms to non-lawyer business professionals.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility to manage a varied workload in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent character and personal integrity, working with professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Strong sense of business and legal ethics.
- Hybrid role requiring in-office attendance according to the department's schedule. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
Executive Account Manager
Meet Chelsea, our Executive Account Manager on the North TX team! Chelsea is an Ouachita Baptist University grad and prior to working at Hire Up she worked as a Director of Recruiting for a health care staffing agency. Chelsea has set a few goals for herself and those are to obtain her SHRM certificate and to hit a goal of $100K sales in a year! At Chelsea’s previous place of employment, her greatest accomplishment was having won AAA Texas Rookie of the Year in 2016. Chelsea loves working at Hire Up because she loves the atmosphere, and she is excited to help build the business. When she is not in the office you can find Chelsea reading some of her favorite books.