2998 Alvarado St Suite H San Leandro, CA 94577 US
**Job Title:** Dispatcher
**Shift/Hours:** Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat 10a-7p (OFF Wed & Sun)
**Pay Rate:** $20.00-$21.00/hr
- Spanish speaking
- Dispatch experience in the So Cal area
- Strong multitasking skills for heavy call, email, and workload volumes
- Availability for OT and flexible schedule
- Good customer service skills
Seeking a reliable dispatcher to create cost-effective trucking routes meeting customer scheduling needs. Serve as the primary interface between Pilot Freight Services, customers, sales, system operations, and vendors, providing quality customer service while adhering to company policies.
- Answer phones and emails professionally and timely.
- Provide general customer service.
- Research shipments for Corporate and Accounting requests.
- Communicate charges with accounting for outside vendors.
- Develop and modify pickup/delivery routes, maintaining contact with drivers.
- Act as a communication liaison between customers, drivers, sales, and Pilot facilities.
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers.
- Schedule residential pickups.
- Ability to work overtime and weekend on-call rotations.
- Other duties assigned by the Cartage Supervisor.
- Typing speed of at least 35 WPM.
- Intermediate level in Excel and Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Knowledge of roadways in the immediate and surrounding areas.
- Team player in high-pressure situations.
- Bilingual helpful: English/Spanish
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications, if applicable.
- 3 years dispatching experience.
This clerical administrative position in a professional office setting requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, use of hands, stooping, bending, and reaching. Extensive use of a phone and PC is required, and remote work may be necessary at times.
Rebecca Kirkman is the President and founder of Hire Up Staffing and Hire Up Healthcare. She works hard daily to support our teams with the necessary training and vision in order to elevate our company to being an industry leader for staffing. What people don't know is she started the company when she was 28 years old, with already 5 years of successful staffing experience with a major name in the industry. She has helped countless people and has a true knack for intuitively being able to match people with their best path, whether it be a new job or considering to add to your team. She teaches the team those strategies and pushes everyone to get out of their comfort zone and elevate the way that they think so that they too can reach higher boundaries, then push past those as well!