1285 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019 US
LOCATION: HYBRID in NEW YORK, NEW YORK
SHIFT: Monday through Friday
SALARY: $65k to $75k DOE
Seeking Docketing Clerk to join the Managing Attorney’s team at a prestigious law firm
- Handle all facets of docketing, including calendaring deadlines in federal and state court cases nationwide under the direction of the Docketing Coordinator.
- Prepare and distribute daily calendar reports; correspond with attorneys and legal assistants to ensure deadline accuracy.
- E-file assignments in courts nationwide in line with firm and court procedures.
- Participate in the overtime rotation to ensure coverage for after-hour filings.
- Conduct docket research, notarizations, service, and filing of hard copy documents.
- Coordinate document retrievals via electronic databases or outside vendors.
- Assist with various projects as directed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years of docketing and e-filing experience with a strong understanding of relevant state, federal, local, and judges’ rules.
- Experience with docketing California state court cases is a plus.
- Familiarity with rules-based docketing system, preferably CourtAlert, required.
- Thorough knowledge of NYSCEF and CM/ECF systems.
- Strong communication skills to interact with attorneys, legal assistants, and court personnel on docketing and court procedure issues.
- Ability to collaborate and function as part of a team providing high-quality service to demanding clients.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Hybrid role requiring in-office attendance according to the department's schedule. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
Executive Account Manager
Meet Chelsea, our Executive Account Manager on the North TX team! Chelsea is an Ouachita Baptist University grad and prior to working at Hire Up she worked as a Director of Recruiting for a health care staffing agency. Chelsea has set a few goals for herself and those are to obtain her SHRM certificate and to hit a goal of $100K sales in a year! At Chelsea’s previous place of employment, her greatest accomplishment was having won AAA Texas Rookie of the Year in 2016. Chelsea loves working at Hire Up because she loves the atmosphere, and she is excited to help build the business. When she is not in the office you can find Chelsea reading some of her favorite books.