Enterprise Applications Engineer
Court Plaza North , 25 Main Street Hackensack, NJ 07601 US
Position: Application Engineer
Overview: We are currently seeking an Application Engineer with a primary focus on ensuring the stability, availability, and supportability of the Firm’s Enterprise application stack. This role involves close collaboration with the Enterprise Applications Manager, Accounting, Marketing, Records, and other team members to ensure seamless operation of all applications. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication, technical, and analytical skills, with expertise in Windows Server and SQL.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administer, develop, and support the Firm’s Elite 3E platform, including Thompson Reuters Elite 3E, Paperless Performa, Design Gallery (“DG”), Workspace, and Iridium.
- Manage month-end maintenance tasks such as Windows updates, SQL maintenance, query optimization, and security patching for the financial/marketing application stack.
- Coordinate inter-departmentally during system upgrades, assessing and communicating risk factors, particularly when integrated systems cause a “trickle-down” effect.
- Prioritize and address issues and future objectives for financial systems in collaboration with application stakeholders and the IT team.
- Test financial system applications during changes, enhancements, upgrades, and monthly maintenance.
- Document system setup, integrations, backup, and disaster recovery processes.
- Communicate project statuses, issues, and proposed resolutions to the department and management.
- Manage vendor support tickets.
- Track and optimize system performance and storage utilization, planning for necessary hardware or software upgrades.
- Research and evaluate new tools/technologies to enhance the current application stack.
- Utilize tools to protect application source code and maintain versioning.
- Perform Compulaw administration, maintenance, and integrations.
- Conduct basic ‘end user’ application troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Handle support requests/tickets escalated from the helpdesk team.
- Document processes/procedures, create ‘how-to’ guides, and resolve frequently asked questions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience with legal accounting and time management software; Elite 3E experience preferred.
- Fluency in Elite 3E SQL database schema or demonstrated ability to develop such fluency.
- Experience with maintaining 3E Templates, Workspace, and BizTalk.
- Proficiency in Elite Application Framework and Tools (e.g., IDE).
- Knowledge of 3E Solutions Manager is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL reporting (“SSRS”).
- Ability to learn functional and technical integration aspects of the firm’s applications.
- Experience administering Windows Server.
- Strong technical foundation with the ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and effective communication with varying technical expertise levels.
- Proficiency in XML/XSLT transformation.
- Knowledge of C# and Visual Basic .Net, HTML5 programming.
- Communication, coordination, and “backup” of other IT department members as required.
- Exempt position: expected to work additional hours, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- Essential to the firm's function; attendance during administrative leave and closings may be required.
- Support and monitor firm policies and procedures related to the Information Technology Department.
To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements include:
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in managing, designing, and implementing large enterprise applications.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining mission-critical enterprise applications.
- Broad knowledge of computer science and business/management acumen equivalent to a complete college or university education.
- 4-year college degree preferred; equivalent experience considered.
Technical Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Windows computer systems.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL required; working knowledge of Active Directory administration and maintenance is a plus.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters 3E and Foundations Experience management system administration required.
- iManage document management system administration is a plus.
- Proven experience supporting a large number of end users, 300+.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred, but not required.
Meet Chelsea, Account Manager in Dallas! Chelsea is an Ouachita Baptist University grad and prior to working at Hire Up Staffing she worked as a Director of Recruiting for a healthcare staffing agency. Chelsea has set a few goals for herself and those are to obtain her SHRM certificate and to hit a goal of $100K sales in a year! At Chelsea’s previous place of employment, her greatest accomplishment was having won AAA Texas Rookie of the Year in 2016. Chelsea is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because she loves the atmosphere, and she is excited to help build the business. When she is not in the office you can find Chelsea reading some of her favorite books!