3333 S. Peach Avenue Fresno, CA 93725 US
Schedule: M-F 7:30am-4:30pm must be available ON CALL since this company runs 24/7.
13 paid holidays
Eligible for a performance bonus
- The Environmental Manager ensures that all necessary air permits for construction and operation are obtained in a timely manner and the plant is in compliance with all permit requirements.
- The Environmental Manager is responsible for the environmental program at the local plant, which includes: waste disposal management, environmental project engineering, water and air pollution control, adherence to governmental and Company environmental policies, maintenance of plant image in the community and with governmental officials, and training of plant personnel.
- This individual deals directly with plant personnel and government officials to ensure that production and plant projects will progress.
- This individual is accountable for obtaining permits for all waste water discharges, complying with permit reporting requirements, and working with plant personnel to correct any malfunctions or noncompliance problems.
- New processes or new emission sources are reviewed as to their impact on air quality and permitting needs.
- The Environmental Manager works closely with plant production and engineering personnel to assure effective implementation of Clean Air Act Amendment requirements.
- The Environmental Manager coordinates the management and disposal of all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements including following up on manifests and maintaining required records of any disposal. To ensure proper disposal of all solid wastes, all solid waste disposal practices, including inspections of disposal sites, are periodically reviewed.
- This Individual audits the plant waste reduction process in support of plant and group waste reduction goals.
- Coordinates and directs the clean up and disposal of chemical or oil spills.
- This individual coordinates and assures accurate completion of various external and internal reports including SARA Title III, Federal & State Hazardous Waste, Air Emission Inventory, Waste Reduction, Responsible Care and other reports.
- The Environmental Manager is accountable for obtaining permits for all waste water discharges, complying with permit reporting requirements, and working with plant personnel to correct any malfunctions or noncompliance problems.
- The security guards will have a dotted line to the environmental manger to manage the plants CA hazardous waste and provide DOT training.
- The Environmental Manager coordinates the proper disposal of any hazardous wastes within the 90 day time period allowed, including following up on manifests and maintaining required records of any disposal.
- This individual audits the plant waste reduction process in support of plant and Group waste reduction goals.
- Major challenges of the job are: assuring accurate up-to-date air permits; supporting projects and procedures to reduce waste generation, air and water discharges and spills; and developing technical awareness training for all plant personnel. The individual also makes recommendations to management for avoidance of future problem situations concerning air and water discharges and reviews authorization requests to assure that environmental problems are properly addressed.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience managing an environmental program in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of California environmental regulations
Meet Monica, Account Manager in Fresno! With a background in the dental field spanning over 16 years, she transitioned into the field of recruitment around 2 years ago. Her extensive experience in the dental field has equipped her with a deep understanding of people's needs and a passion for helping others. Monica's goal here at Hire Up Staffing is to excel in her profession and make a positive impact on the lives of job seekers and employers alike. Known for her exceptional customer service skills, she consistently goes above and beyond to ensure that every individual she interacts with receives the utmost care and attention. Monica is thrilled to be a part of the Hire Up team, as the company's culture aligns perfectly with her values and aspirations. She is eager to expand her knowledge base and leverage her skill sets in a supportive environment that fosters growth and development. When Monica is not busy pursuing her professional goals, she enjoys spending quality time with her family. Monica's commitment to both her personal and professional life reflects her dedication, adaptability, and strong work ethic.