10 Woodland Rd St. Helena, CA 94574 US
Job Summary: Prepares medical records for scanning efficiency according to established procedures, guidelines, and productivity standards. Retrieves and files old paper records required for patient care, assists with release of information services. Interviews mothers for birth certificate information and enters the information into electronic birth certificate system. Reviews upended transcription queues and releases to PowerChart.
- Retrieves and reconciles all medical records from all nursing units and prepares the medical records for efficient scanning. Follows procedures for scanning documents, removes difficult to scan documents, checks patient record for poor quality, and notifies nursing unit of missing records.
- Interviews mothers for birth certificate information and enters information into electronic birth certificate system. Sends completed birth certificates to county and processes fetal death certificates, responds to customer inquires regarding certificates and updates supervisor on information.
- Ensures scanning equipment is in optimal working condition. Scans documents, reviews images and verifies quality. Completes scanning process and forwards to Quality Review.
- Files paper records and pulls charts for patient care assuring that they are tracked properly in chart tracking software. Retrieves charts from permanent files and off site storage, keeps file room neat, and assists in purging of records by storage vendor.
- Assists physicians with inquires regarding chart deficiencies in accordance with pertinent rules. Conducts chart audits, assists in deficiency analysis, resolves issues related to dictation, responds to inquires for assistance by users of the document imaging software and transcripts.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
If interested in applying for this position please visit our website hireupss.com
Meet Gabriela, your Recruiting Manager in the Visalia branch. Before making her way to Hire Up, Gabriela worked as a Legal Assistant for the disability office with the Social Security Administration and the IRS. She has experience with customer service working as a Front Desk Supervisor, and has banking experience. One work-related accomplishment that Gabriela is proud of was when she was invited to be part of an interview panel to determine the best Spanish-speaking candidate and interview them. The best part is that the candidate she chose was the person hired for the position. Gabriela is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because recruiting is a brand new field in her career. She believes Hire Up will teach her how to sell and recruit, which is very important for Gabriela’s future goals. You can find Gabriela enjoying physical activities like hiking, biking, and weight training outside of the office. She likes to cook, sing, and is currently learning to play the piano.