Houston, TX 77041 US
MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 8:00AM TO 5:00PM - HYBRID SCHEDULE AVAILABLE WITH APPROVAL - 3 DAYS IN OFFICE, 2 DAYS REMOTE
- LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH 5-7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN HYDRAULIC CONTROL SYSTEMS
- MUST BE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN MACHINERY CONTROL CIRCUITS
- PROFICIENT IN THE USE OF AUTOCAD AND MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE CREATING 2D/3D MODELS
- AVOID CANDIDATES THAT ARE MORE SPECIALIZED IN FLUID MOVEMENT SUCH AS RESERVOIR ENGINEERS
- HIGHLY PREFERRED - CERTIFIED FLUID POWER SPECIALIST OR FLUID POWER ENGINEER
- SIMILAR COMPANIES TO PULL CANDIDATES FROM: DAMAN & SUN HYDRAULICS
TRAVEL: LESS THAN 5% - LOCAL TO THE HOUSTON, TX AREA - OCCASIONALLY REQUIRED TO VISIT OTHER MANUFACTURING FACILITIES AND CUSTOMER SITES
INTERVIEW PROCESS: MANAGER PREFERS IN-PERSON, MIN. OF 2 ROUNDS OF INTERVIEWS BEFORE OFFER WILL BE EXTENDED
BENEFITS: 5% ICP BONUS, 401K MATCHING
NO RELOCATION OFFERED. NO SPONSORSHIP.
JOB ROLE: The Hydraulic Engineer will be providing hydraulic engineering support to our client's product responsible engineers, product line managers, sales, aftermarket/service and installation & commissioning personnel along with technical and troubleshooting support to operations and manufacturing facilities and personnel.
- Provide hydraulic engineering support to our clients drilling products for machinery control circuits, aftermarket/service, and installation & commissioning.
- Design hydraulic systems and assemblies to meet customer and internal requirements within budget and schedule constraints.
- Create 2D / 3D models, layouts, detail drawings, bills of material, test documentation and engineering reports.
- Provide cost estimates in support of internal product groups.
- Work with operations and manufacturing facilities to identify product improvements.
- Provide technical support to our clients supply chain for cost reduction, availability, and standardization of purchased parts.
- Develop relationships with hydraulic and pneumatic manufacturers and distributors in support of equipment designs.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- A bachelors degree in engineering preferred, not required.
- 3 years work experience or 7 years relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Solid understanding of advanced hydraulic theory and the ability to apply knowledge in the design of complex controlled hydraulic circuits in an OEM environment.
- Working knowledge Solid understanding of pneumatic components and systems.
- Experience with land and offshore drilling equipment strongly preferred.
- Capability to interpret and apply ISO, SAE and ANSI fluid power related standards as they relate to hydraulic schematic creation, system and manifold design.
- Knowledge Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2D, SolidWorks, ProE/Creo or other 3D prominent solid modeling software. preferred.
- Machine shop, fluid power component manufacturer or distribution background a definite plus.
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist or Fluid Power Engineer (International Fluid Power Society certified) preferred.
TO APPLY, CALL 512-647-1487 OR SEND YOUR RESUME TO KSPRADLING@HIREUPSS.COM OR CWALKER@HIREUPSS.COM
Meet Kristen, Assistant Territory Director in Austin! Prior to working with us here at Hire Up Staffing, Kristen worked in staffing for six years. One of Kristen’s passions is building relationships with clients, employees, and with her team. She loves helping clients find the right candidates for their positions and loves helping candidates find their next career in life. One of Kristen’s greatest work accomplishments is that she has always built herself up to reach her goals at every place she has worked at! Kristen is excited to work for Hire Up Staffing because she is ready for a change and can’t wait to grow here at Hire Up Staffing. When Kristen is not in the office you can find her spending time with her children outdoors, by the water, or traveling!