In Take Medical Assistant (Non-Clinical)
2609 E. Hammer Lane Stockton, CA 95210 US
Hire Up Staffing is in search of an In-Take Medical Assistant (non-clinical) for our Stockton client!
Monday-Friday Day Shift from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
The In-Take Coordinator is responsible for the processing of prior authorization requests received, in accordance with State and Federal timeliness regulations, CMS and Milliman Care Guidelines and Health Plan Criteria, for those requests identified as qualifying for auto-authorization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all requests identified as qualifying for health plan review to validate the requesting providers are contracted, member benefits and eligibility.
- For requests that meet criteria, forward request with supporting documentation to the health plan for review, pend in the authorization system with reason, submitted to health plan.
- Process requests within the given timeframes, no later than 7 calendar days to allow appropriate time for the health plans to make a decision, not to exceed 14 calendar days
- Coordinate and communicate any requests that fall outside the set prior authorization guidelines with either the Medical Director or the Chief Operations Officer, depending on the circumstance of the request.
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the department/company
- Medical Assistant Certified
- 2 years experience in the Health Care industry, preferably in the HMO environment.
- Familiar with Health Services functions to include Utilization Review processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superb organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building, including the ability to build productive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under tight deadlines.
If this position sounds like a great fit for you or you know someone who may be interested? Apply TODAY! Submit your resume on hireupss.com OR call 209-213-5636 to schedule an interview with a Recruiter! 1150 9th Str. Suite C., Modesto, CA, 95354
Meet Michelle, Recruiting Manager in our Modesto office! Prior to being a Recruiting Manager, Michelle worked as a Recruiting Coordinator here at Hire Up Staffing. She has worked in staffing for a little over two years and she is excited to continue to grow with Hire Up Staffing and take on this new journey as a Recruiting Manager! When Michelle is not in the office you can find her outside of work fishing, camping, cooking, and hanging out with her kids!