Inventory Control Specialist
10239 Cossey Rd Houston, TX 77070 US
- Collaborate closely with warehouse personnel to boost operational efficiency and minimize errors.
- Assess and enhance written inventory policies and procedures, including those related to cycle counting, customer returns, shipping, and receiving.
- Analyze inventory reports and order trends to identify items requiring automated, recurring replenishment.
- Maintain consistent inventory levels by replenishing stock within approved limits, serving as a backup to the purchasing manager when necessary.
- Generate inventory reports for the purchasing and inventory control manager.
- Conduct regular spot and partial audits of physical inventory.
- Operate a forklift when needed.
- Keep accurate daily records of goods received and shipments dispatched.
- Oversee and maintain the inventory management system, coordinating software or database upgrades under the purchasing department's guidance.
- Fulfill other assigned duties as required.
- Fundamental comprehension of inventory control processes.
- Exceptional communication abilities for effective interaction with warehouse staff, the purchasing department, and external vendors.
- Capability to establish professional rapport with external vendors and customers.
- Proficiency in basic mathematical calculations, keyboarding, and data entry.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of three years of experience in an inventory management position
Proficiency with computerized inventory systems is essential
M-F 8 am-5 pm, must be open to overtime
If this is something that you are qualified and interested in please apply today and call our office to speak to Liz or Victoria at 281-800-9124.
Assistant Territory Director
Meet Nicole, your Assistant Territory Director in the Houston branch! Nicole has previously worked in various fields, from a Fish Grader and Forklift Operator at a Fish Cannery in Alaska to Medical Billing and Account Management for Anesthesiologists and Pain Management Clinics. She found staffing was her passion when she started credentialing and worked her way up to a Recruiting Manager. A work-related accomplishment she is proud of is being able to grow into roles of responsibility. Starting from an entry level and learning the ropes of everyone's job helped her become successful in management roles at almost every company she has worked at. One goal that Nicole has now is growth! She doesn't want to be in a position because it is comfortable. She wants to be challenged to succeed and be able to help and grow others. Nicole is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because she is part of a team with the structure and support necessary to grow all employees, both internally and externally. When she is outside the office, you can find Nicole spending time with her kids, camping, fishing, concerts, and being outdoors.