Level 3-4 Generator Technician
Houston, TX 77041 US
Hire Up Staffing is partnering with a Leading Power Generation Service Company in the North West Houston area looking for a Seasoned Generator Technician!
Required Qualifications include the following:
- Must have at minimum of 10-15 years of Experience to be considered.
- Must be at least a Level 3-4 Generator Technician.
- Must communicate clearly and professionally when interacting with clients.
- Must be able to set up, start and operate equipment as directed at both – work site and customer location.
- Must be comfortable working a flexible work schedule 24x7x365 and be able to respond to emergencies as needed
- Accurately fill out all service reports, PM checklists and timecards within department guidelines
- Proficient knowledge of engine / generator mechanical and electrical operation to perform tasks such as: Belt and Hose replacement; change and/or top off oil and filters
- Must have a clean Driving Record as travels to job site (Houston Area) will be required
- Proficient with intermediate preventative maintenance and intermediate to advanced corrective maintenance tasks
- Proficiently and accurately evaluate, test, diagnose and troubleshoot basic and intermediate problems on gas or diesel engines and generators (out of fuel, dead battery, etc.); Give recommendations for and make necessary repairs
- Must be able to load bank testing with full understanding of both Reactive/Resistive testing
- Proficiency in preforming block heaters and installing battery chargers
- Must be able to control panel conversions, re-tap generator ends, and isolate / replace faulty breakers
- Must be able to install advanced systems including Bi-Fuel equipment, and Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), paralleling and other switch gear requiring EGSA certification
Competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Vacation & Sick time, Holiday
This is a Direct Hire Opportunity!
If this is something that you are interested and qualified for please apply today!
Assistant Territory Director
Meet Nicole, your Assistant Territory Director in the Houston branch! Nicole has previously worked in various fields, from a Fish Grader and Forklift Operator at a Fish Cannery in Alaska to Medical Billing and Account Management for Anesthesiologists and Pain Management Clinics. She found staffing was her passion when she started credentialing and worked her way up to a Recruiting Manager. A work-related accomplishment she is proud of is being able to grow into roles of responsibility. Starting from an entry level and learning the ropes of everyone's job helped her become successful in management roles at almost every company she has worked at. One goal that Nicole has now is growth! She doesn't want to be in a position because it is comfortable. She wants to be challenged to succeed and be able to help and grow others. Nicole is excited to work at Hire Up Staffing because she is part of a team with the structure and support necessary to grow all employees, both internally and externally. When she is outside the office, you can find Nicole spending time with her kids, camping, fishing, concerts, and being outdoors.