Litigation Case Manager
1285 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10019 US
We are seeking a highly skilled Litigation Case Manager to play a pivotal role in managing a substantial litigation docket covering the entire spectrum of the litigation life cycle. As a seasoned professional, you will showcase expert competency in various paralegal functions, including case management, document collections and productions, deposition and witness interviews, court filings, and trial coordination.
- Efficiently manage and prioritize a significant caseload, overseeing the paralegal workflow, and providing guidance to junior team members.
- Conduct complex factual and legal investigations under attorney oversight, analyze data, and present succinct synopses.
- Coordinate and supervise document collections and productions, ensuring compliance with legal discovery obligations and collaborating with the in-house E-Discovery team.
- Lead paralegal teams during large, complex, and high-profile trials, overseeing all aspects of the trial "war room."
- Establish and nurture strong working relationships with internal clients, in-house counsel, and external partners.
- Interface with third-party vendors on document review/production and trial-related matters.
- Implement and maintain best practices in processes affecting paralegal workflow, participating in beta testing of new databases and internal procedures.
- Actively participate in initiatives to enhance the paralegal department, including training and mentoring junior colleagues and contributing to departmental improvement activities. Engage in the biannual paralegal evaluation process.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience handling complex litigation matters.
- Extensive trial experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism in handling confidential information.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills leading to consistent volume and quality of output.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expertise in matter management systems, including Relativity.
- Ability to work independently with limited attorney supervision.
- Effectively collaborate with all levels of firm management, internal clients, and outside counsel.
- Adaptability to and support for differing attorney and team work styles.
- Hybrid role requiring in-office attendance based on the department's schedule.
$95,000 - $140,000. Competitive compensation and benefits packages offered
Executive Account Manager
Meet Chelsea, our Executive Account Manager on the North TX team! Chelsea is an Ouachita Baptist University grad and prior to working at Hire Up she worked as a Director of Recruiting for a health care staffing agency. Chelsea has set a few goals for herself and those are to obtain her SHRM certificate and to hit a goal of $100K sales in a year! At Chelsea’s previous place of employment, her greatest accomplishment was having won AAA Texas Rookie of the Year in 2016. Chelsea loves working at Hire Up because she loves the atmosphere, and she is excited to help build the business. When she is not in the office you can find Chelsea reading some of her favorite books.